EGO BOOST
HEDGEHOG REPORT SOCIAL NETWORK

Search

NJ: Christie Still With Strong Lead Over Corzine

Yet another poll showing failed Democratic Governor Jon Corzine failing to make a lot of headway against Republican candidate Chris Christie. This time it comes from Strategic Vision.

GOVERNOR – NEW JERSEY (Strategic Vision)
Chris Christie (R) 46%
Jon Corzine (D-inc) 38%
Chris Daggett (I) 8%

Obama’s job approval rating in New Jersey is now below 50% (48%/43%). This poll was done September 19-21 among 1200 likely voters.

Posted by Dave at 9:57 pm
Filed under: General | Comments (20)

20 Responses to “NJ: Christie Still With Strong Lead Over Corzine”

  1. Chekote says:

    WooHoo!!!! Go Christie! Go Christie!

  2. MDefl says:

    I have to deduct 2 to 3% for Strategic Vison being R leaning. I did this in 08 and it worked out just right usually. So Christie would still have a lead outside the moe. That is the good news. Also, the “let’s marry him to Bush strategy” seems to be failing. Note to Dems – need to find another narrative.

    Dave is right about Corzine – he has failed the people of NJ miserably. He viewed himself as a partner and advocate for labor unions when, as Gov, you MUST place yourself in an adversarial position. He completely sold out the people of NJ. Try buying car insurance in that state or a house with property taxes that are beyond belief.

    If they vote him in again, I will never want to hear or read the words New Jersey again.

  3. Tina says:

    It would be nice for him to be gone. He was an AXX in the Senate, an arrogrant liberal. A disgusting creature.

  4. Albert McDougal says:

    Rush Limbaugh on Leno tomorrow night

  5. jason says:

    When does early voting start in NJ?

  6. Tommy_Boy says:

    Brewer spokesman Paul Senseman shrugged off the results, calling Public Policy Polling “an East Coast, left-wing Democratic smear group.”

    http://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/4330986602

  7. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    While we were posting merrily along today, the Senate Finance committee passed the so-called “health reform” cramdown bill.

    By a 12-11 vote (Lincoln voted with the GOP) the committee defeated an amendment offered by the GOP to have a full copy of the bill posted on the internet.

    So they are well on their way to turning us into a Banana socialist republic…..

    Enjoy these polls showing R ahead in 09 and 10 – we wont see very many after that when the statists start using your tax dollars to buy votes via the so-called “health insurance” subsidies!

  8. Sean says:

    I’d be hammering hard on the Dems for refusing to vote for a bill posting the whole bill on the internet. So much for open communication. I know why Lincoln voted with the R’s. She is in trouble and doesn’t need ammo against her.

  9. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    Here is more on the cramdown plan:

    http://healthcarehorserace.com/therace/09232009/cbo-throws-wrench-in-dem-plans-to-fast-track-health-care-reform/comment-page-1/#comment-1880

    key quote:

    “Most senators are in agreement that a final vote by Finance cannot happen without a formal CBO estimate of the costs of the bill – particularly if any Republicans are expected to sign on in support. This seriously complicates any hopes Democrats might have to use reconciliation as a strategy for passing a reform bill out of the Senate. As aforementioned, there would have to be a final Senate bill – which means passing a Finance bill out of committee and merging that bill with the HELP (Health, Education, Labor and Pensions) Committee bill – prior to October 15 for the Democrats to invoke reconciliation and pass the bill out of the Senate on a partisan vote.

    Best case scenario – which assumes Baucus can move the Finance bill through mark-up by the end of the week – means an October 12 vote by the Senate Finance Committee which leaves Harry Reid very little time to merge the two Senate bills into something that could pass muster within a divided Democrat party. Baucus clearly recognizes this is ready to apply the pressure to Elmendorf and CBO to “help us get out of this box.”

    Here is an excellet piece on how this so-called “health care” reform will basically make you a serf of the Federal government:

    http://healthcarehorserace.com/opinion/09232009/obamacare-is-about-controlling-every-aspect-of-your-life/

    Now is the time to be scared, very scared. Everyone needs to be jamming the phones, faxes, and mailbags of your elected represenatives.

    I called the Hannity show today and was told that they “wanted to talk about anything BUT HEALTH CARE REFORM today!!!”

    WTF? All the speeches at the UN, TARPs, etc mean squat and can be fixed – we lose on this health care scam in will be brief number of years until we will never have real conservative government again.

    I dunno what the thought pattern is here, we are really easily distracted by the tricks of the left I guess….

  10. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    A great article about how Mandating Insurance is bad government policy – period:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/21/AR2009092103250.html

  11. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    I never thought I would be saying this, but Canada has more gonads then we do these days – they walked out on Adolf Akmadneoirefa of Iran’s speech.

    The Canadian Foreign Minister said we need to condem Iran not talk with them!

    Amazing!

    Hopey – hippy – change (radical that is!)

  12. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    Here is a good message from Dick Morris on a common sense strategy to defeat Obamacare NOW:

    http://rightwingnews.com/2009/09/dick-morris-knows-how-to-kill-obamacare/?comments=show#comment-33331

    As I said earlier, its crunch time to stop the cramdown. So be a good citizen of the “Collective” HHR community and do what you can now to stop the steamroller of death panels!

    Oh, for any Arrogant statist trolls out there: kiss my contact point #4!

  13. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    Doesnt this kinda sound like the Wolf talking to Little Red Ridding Hood lol:

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/59823-biden-healthcare-reform-will-not-harm-insurance-companies

    Gee, wouldnt you have loved to be an employee in the room for that speech….

    “we will run you out of business in 5-10 years, but dont worry we will have a socialist utopia nanny state by then so you can go on the dole!”

    “We slander and call you the vilest name imaginable everyday but its only because we want you to stay “profitable” long enough for us to full takeover Health Care!”

    These thugs have no souls!

  14. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    An excellent article on how Mandates suck us all into government serfdom:

    http://truthofanation.blogtownhall.com/2009/09/21/hello_mandatory_health_care,_goodbye_liberty.thtml

    Key Quote:

    “If the government has done everything possible to drive down the cost of health insurance to help me out so that I can afford it, and still choose not to buy, that is my choice! I thought the Democrats were the pro-choice party? I guess that’s only true when they want to choose murder for babies and old people.

    The freedom to choose my own fate is the essence of liberty itself. To mandate that every citizen purchase health insurance in a health care system controlled by the government makes us servants of the government, not free and independent citizens.”

  15. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    May be some of you still need further education on why Individual Mandates need to be opposed.

    I am here to help!

    Read this:

    http://townhall.com/columnists/JacobSullum/2009/09/23/does_cost_of_uncompensated_care_justify_forcing_people_to_buy_insurance?contact=true

    Here is the BLUF for you, the “free rider cost” issue is pure BS:

    “At a July press conference, President Obama claimed “the average American family is paying thousands of dollars in hidden costs” because uncompensated health care for the uninsured drives up the price of medical coverage. In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, by contrast, he said uncompensated care costs the average family $900.

    According to a 2008 report from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, both of those estimates are way off. The foundation’s analysis indicates that the true annual cost per family is more like $200, with uncompensated care accounting for “less than 1 percent of private health insurance costs.”

  16. rdelbov says:

    Wylie

    I see another possible scenerio.

    1. The House passes some sort of watered down pelosi inspired bill.

    2. The senate passes a one page pledge to reform healthcare.

    3. Then a conference occurs with the liberals dominating. The conference basically creates a new bill with everything the liberals want in it.

    4. Then the democrats try to cram this bill down the throats of both houses.

    Under this scenerio all committees are bypassed and CBO studies are tossed out

  17. Gary Maxwell says:

    Rdel

    A sure ticket to minority status for the Democrats. Does not mean the liberals wont try it, but I give it about a 60% chance of tearing the Party into two unequal parts, about 20% chance of it getting watered down enough to find barely enough votes to pass and maybe the remaining 20% given to your scenario being successful.

    Remember reconciliation is for budget bills only, and anything that does not fit will be stripped out. Byrd would not possibly stand for this charade. Sounds like a lot of other Democrats wont either, Lincoln is not even first in that line.

  18. wylie e. coyote - super genius says:

    #18 I think your on to something there too – a slicker cramdown!